This Week in Lotus - Week 31
Posted August 5, 2022 by ‐ 2 min read
👋 Hey everyone and welcome to This Week in Lotus!
A soft launch of a new lightweight snapshot service was announced yesterday. It will eventually replace the current documented snapshot steps in the Lotus Docs. We really recommend you check it out, and adjust your operations accordingly if you rely on snapshots.
Lotus V1.17.0 was released this week. It includes a lot of new features and improvements! AppImage build targets are working again with v1.17.0, and homebrew installs now also supports M1 based macs.
SplitStore V2 Update:
- A PR for auto pruning the coldstore is currently in review.
- Extensive testing of the SplitStore function will happen over the next couple of weeks, and we are gathering and monitoring information about data size and growth when using SplitStore.
- There is now a
lotus-shedcommand for getting raw bytes stored in active storage deals on the Filecoin network.
lotus-miner proving deadlinecommand can now show you live sectors in a deadline, which will make it easier to find out if its time to compact a deadline or not. On top of that, it will also show some helpful debugging information about a proving deadlines bitfield if you use the
- There is a new
WithdrawBalanceAPI which allows you to withdraw balance from the miner actor. Currently that can only be done within the CLI code.
- `Lotus-worker? has now a stop command. And you can also override the worker hostname for easier management of workers.
- A feature that allows you to remove a request from the scheduler is now merged. This will help fixing up issue where the scheduler has assigned a task to a worker that no longer exists for example.
- A new SectorPipelineStats API method returns number of sectors currently staged/sealing, list of bytes available in each open/staging sector, plus a lot more useful information.
A couple of the team members are back after a holiday break, and some are going on a holiday next week. If you see an OOO tag in their name tag, please try to direct the request through others on the team.
We are also very happy that @Shrenuj Bansal is joining the Lotus team as an SWE 🎉
That’s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️