This Week in Lotus - Week 33
Posted August 19, 2022 by ‐ 2 min read
👋 Hey everyone and welcome to This Week in Lotus!
The third release candidate for Lotus v1.17.1 was published this week and are currently going through extensive testing. The SPX group is especially testing the new SplitStoreV2, which can be run in
discard and now
AutoPrune modes. They will be collecting storage metrics over a period of 4 weeks to show differences between each setting.
The full documentation 📖 for SplitStoreV2 is currently in review, and will be published soon.
🚀 Upcoming features/enhancements:
- The option to only extend CC-sectors with the lotus-miner sectors renew command has been reviewed and merged this week.
- Work towards supporting multiple chain nodes per storage provider progressed nicely this week. Adding a UUID to messages sent by the storage provider to the lotus daemon has been merged, and a PR for retrying pushing messages to the message pool in case of unavailability of a lotus chain node is currently in review.
- Enabling Sealing-as-a-Service is a priority this quarter, and we made some progress towards that goal this week. A draft for managing sector number assignment between a potential service and the lotus-miner was published.
- A UX-fix to exclude negative available balance from spendable amount if a storage provider was in debt was merged yesterday.
- The team has been actively engaging on a
Decoupling FIL+ from markets FIP-proposaldraft this week. Suggested order of 👀 is starting with the summary, then read the current draft FIP. If you have questions and feedbacks, it can be posted here.
- We will start working on the accepted FIP0034 -
Fix pre-commit deposit independent of sector contentwhich is scheduled to be included in the nv17 upgrade.
- The Lotus team will be at both FIL Singapore and FIL Lisbon where we will host a Lotus & friends day (registration opening soon, stay tuned). We hope to see many of you there 😄.
- 📣 The authors of the FIP0036 are looking for more feedback from Lotus-users, and especially want them to check out the SP return calculator.
That’s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️