This Week in Lotus - Week 37
Posted September 16, 2022 by ‐ 2 min read
👋 Hey everyone and welcome to This Week in Lotus!
The Lotus team is hosting our very first Lotus & Friends Day @FilLisbon on Nov 2nd! 😄 There will be a lot of talks, workshops & panel from Lotus, Filecoin Crypto, Data onboarding team and more. Registration is opening soon!
🚀 Upcoming features/enhancements:
- Sealing-as-a-service: The main piece for implementing all
SaaS<->Lotusinteractions needed for the service to work is now finalized and in review. For an updated comment on the current implementation status, and the
sector number management APIs, check out this comment.
- Redundant chain nodes: A PR for adding the raft consensus for lotus nodes in a cluster is now in review.
Both the above features are quite big PRs, so it will take some time to get them thoroughly reviewed. The lotus v1.17.2 code freeze where extended for a week, and is targeted early next week due to our goal of landing the Sealing-as-a-service enablement in that release.
- An enhancement displaying the
update-cachefiles in the
lotus-miner storage listcommand has been merged.
- A fix for the issue where available CC snap-up sectors being prematurely upgraded to
UpdateReplicastatus is currently in review.
- The ability to send a terminate message with either an owner address or a worker address fixed an issue where the owner-address was a multi-signature owner.
- A lot of work for implementing
FIP0029 - Beneficiary address for SPsinto Lotus happened this week:
- Adding a CLI for changing the the beneficiary address.
- Adding beneficiary withdraw api and CLI, adding caller for actorWithdrawCmd was also included in this PR.
All community members are welcome to cast a vote on
FIP0036 via FIL Poll to either
reject FIP0036. Read the announcement here.
That´s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️