This Week in Lotus - Week 40
Posted October 7, 2022 by ‐ 2 min read
The stable release of Lotus v1.17.2 is now out 🎉 This feature release introduces the sector number management APIs in Lotus that enables all the Sealing-as-a-Service and Lotus interactions needed to function. Deep dive into the new APIs here: #9079 (comment). This version also raises the default propagation delay to 10 seconds for storage providers, so from now on you will see
"baseDeltaSeconds": 10 as default in your
The release has numerous other enhancements and bug fixes, so make sure to check out the full release notes here.
⚠️ Please note that Lotus v1.17.2 will require a Go-version of v1.18.1 or higher!
🚀 Features / Enhancements:
- A pull request to add the uptime of your lotus daemon to the
lotus infocommand has been opened, and is currently in review.
- We are currently testing the
redundant chain nodes feature, and will test it over the next couple of weeks/month. If you feel adventurous and want to play with the feature early, here is a guide to how you can set it up in a local developer network.
- A second release candidate for builtin-actors v9.0.0 was released this week. We currently integrating the remaining work items of Network 17 into Lotus.
- Network version 17 is now deployed to the Butterfly network 🦋 The network will most likely be reset multiple times as we test out different network upgrade test cases.
As you may know by now, we are hosting a Lotus, data onboarding, and friends day on Nov 2nd in Lisbon! The registration for the event is finally open, and the schedule has been finalised. Come meet us in Lisbon, on Nov 2nd!
- Full schedule can be seen here: https://bit.ly/lotusnfriends
- Get your ticket to the event here: https://bit.ly/lotusnfriends
That´s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️