This Week in Lotus - Week 41
Posted October 14, 2022 by ‐ 2 min read
The first release candidate for the upcoming mandatory release of Lotus that introduces the Filecoin network 17, codenamed the Shark upgrade was released this week. We recommend you familiarise yourself with the FIPs included in this upgrade, you can see the included FIPs in the changelog.
The Lotus team will be holding a Shark 🦈 AMA on Thursday 20th October next week 📣 We are planning to release further information about this AMA later today so watch this space!
- The first release candidate for v1.18.0 has been published.
- The network 17 upgrade has undergone testing on the Butterfly network multiple times now, and the network migration has been stable.
- Commands for listing allocations and removing expired allocations has been merged and is included in Lotus v1.18.0-rc1
The upgrade dates and epochs for the Network 17 🦈 upgrade is:
epoch 1407374, 2022-10-20T16:00:07Z
🇵🇹 Lotus, Data Onboarding and friends Day
- We have an amazing lineup of speakers for the Lotus, Data Onboarding and friends day: https://lotusandfriends.com.
- There will be deep dives on the lotus-miner, the Filecoin Virtual Machine, and Filecoin Proofs. You will get to know Boost better from presentation held by Boost Core Engineers, there will be panels on the “Path to Become an Enterprise Storage Provider in Filecoin” and a “E2E of Filecoin, Storage, Compute & Retrievals”" workshop. You will get intros to Filecoin Station and Filecoin Saturn, plus many many other interesting talks!!
- Ticket are limited and going fast ⚡️🚄, so secure your spot to the event here: https://pretix.eu/solaris/lotus-data-onboarding-friends-summit/.
⛓️ The CryptoNet team is organizing a full day of presentations, hacking and whiteboarding 👨🏫 sessions to brainstorm about the Filecoin protocol and the ways to improve it on Friday, October 28th 2022 in Lisbon. If you are a protocol / product researcher or engineer, this sesssion might be of interest to you. You can read more about it here: https://cryptonet.org/events/filecoin-protocol-sessions
The Filecoin Foundation is currently doing user research and usability testing, and are interested in talking to Storage Providers. It would be great if Storage Providers could help them with this research effort 📣 The sign up form is here: https://share.hsforms.com/1LNv_WdqERsS9GDXPJj0OMAct2xy
That´s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️