This Week in Lotus - Week 6 - 2023
Posted February 10, 2023 by ‐ 2 min read
⏳ NV18 timeline:
The updated releases and network upgrade timelines are as follow:
- 2023-02-14 - The first release candidate of v1.20.0 will be released. Please note that this release candidate only sets upgrade epoch for the Calibration-testnet, and does not set the upgrade epochs for mainnet.
- 2023-02-21 - Calibration-testnet network upgrade
- 2023-02-28 - The final Lotus v1.20.0 will be released with everything set for mainnet.
- 2023-03-14 - The mainnet network upgrade
Get ready for a day full of 🥧 (π day) and FEVM launch!
It also is a great coincidence that the Filecoin mainnet Ethereum chain is also 314!
- A new
lotus chain export-rangecommand is currently in review, it will let you create archival-grade ranged exports of the chain quickly.
- Is your
lotus-miner sectors listtaking a really long time to load? We have opened a PR that will make the sector checks running in parallel - which should speed up the process from 2x-10x. It is currently in review.
lotus-miner backupon file which already exists will now error out explaining that another file name should be used to not cause corruption. The PR has been reviewed and merged
- We have added the option to specify
lotus-miner sectors set-seal-delayin seconds. The PR has been merged.
Boost monitoring stack:
As a storage provider, it can be challenging to monitor the various Boost processes in additional to the other operational and management work. With this in mind, the Boost team have built a monitoring stack which storage providers can use out of the box:
The monitoring stack includes the following:
- Grafana provides visualization tools and dashboards for all metrics and traces
- Prometheus collects metrics and powers dashboards in Grafana.
- Tempo collects traces and powers traces search in Grafana with Jaeger.
As a storage provider, you’ll be able to easily monitor memory usage, and additional insight for specific processes (such as success and failure for different retrieval requests).
Check out the documentation here.
Legacy Lotus Markets EOL:
Also a kind reminder that the Legacy Lotus Markets sub-system reached its end-of-life at the end of the 31st January 2023. We recommend our users to migrate to other deal making focused software, like boost 💙 as soon as possible.
That’s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️