This Week in Lotus - Week 6 - 2023
Posted February 10, 2023 by ‐ 2 min read
⏳ NV18 timeline:
The updated releases and network upgrade timelines are as follow:
- 2023-02-14 - The first release candidate of v1.20.0 will be released. Please note that this release candidate only sets upgrade epoch for the Calibration-testnet, and does not set the upgrade epochs for mainnet.
- 2023-02-21 - Calibration-testnet network upgrade
- 2023-02-28 - The final Lotus v1.20.0 will be released with everything set for mainnet.
- 2023-03-14 - The mainnet network upgrade
Get ready for a day full of 🥧 (π day) and FEVM launch!
It also is a great coincidence that the Filecoin mainnet Ethereum chain is also 314!
- A new
lotus chain export-rangecommand is currently in review, it will let you create archival-grade ranged exports of the chain quickly.
- Is your
lotus-miner sectors listtaking a really long time to load? We have opened a PR that will make the sector checks running in parallel - which should speed up the process from 2x-10x. It is currently in review.
lotus-miner backupon file which already exists will now error out explaining that another file name should be used to not cause corruption. The PR has been reviewed and merged
- We have added the option to specify
lotus-miner sectors set-seal-delayin seconds. The PR has been merged.
Boost monitoring stack:
As a storage provider, it can be challenging to monitor the various Boost processes in additional to the other operational and management work. With this in mind, the Boost team have built a monitoring stack which storage providers can use out of the box:
The monitoring stack includes the following:
- Grafana provides visualization tools and dashboards for all metrics and traces
- Prometheus collects metrics and powers dashboards in Grafana.
- Tempo collects traces and powers traces search in Grafana with Jaeger.
As a storage provider, you’ll be able to easily monitor memory usage, and additional insight for specific processes (such as success and failure for different retrieval requests).
Legacy Lotus Markets EOL:
Also a kind reminder that the Legacy Lotus Markets sub-system reached its end-of-life at the end of the 31st January 2023. We recommend our users to migrate to other deal making focused software, like boost 💙 as soon as possible.
That’s it for the week! Have a great weekend! ☀️